Monday, October 27, 2008

Sourdough Experiments: Day 8

The weekend passed uneventfully for The Beast and I. Every day I kept a part of the existing starter--1/4 cup--then added 1/4 cup each AP flour and filtered water. And every day it produced aggressive bubbles and a layer of hooch.

Unfortunately, no growth.



Petite Kitchen's instructions suggest that somewhere between days 5 to 7 the mixture should be able to double itself within 8 hours, thus becoming usable for bread-baking.

Since mine stopped growth exactly when I stopped using pineapple puree, I'm wondering if something went very, very wrong. I don't think it's dead, though--because it still bubbles.

I'll give it a few more days. Keep your fingers crossed!


Read about The Beast:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs