Friday, October 3, 2008

Hot Spiced Apple Cider

Here in Central New York, as the days grow shorter and the weather gets cold and rainy, it's the perfect time to enjoy a hot cup of apple cider.


I've discovered a quick and easy way to make it, too. Just pour the desired amount of cider in your cup, then into a saucepan. Add 1 spiced chai tea bag per serving and heat the cider to the barest bubble. Turn off heat and allow to steep for 5 minutes (I use a cover here to retain the heat). Remove and discard tea bag(s) and sweeten to taste with white or brown sugar. (I use brown sugar substitute.) Pour into mugs. (You may also pour it into mugs and let your guests sweeten their own.) Since you've already measured it out, so you won't have any waste.

If desired, add a slice of orange with a few cloves stuck into it for a garnish.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Sounds kind of like an apple version of mulled wine which I love.
I am definitely trying this, it looks perfect for the cold weather.

Amanda said...

It is so cold here today, Sam, and I'm craving this again!

(We plowed through the apple cider I bought earlier this week.)

So easy and tasty... just right when you want to veg in front of the tv with a blanket and a thundercat. I do that a lot.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs