Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tagged!

Sam the Cycling Cook tagged me for a meme. Here we go:

1.Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater?

Step Brothers with Will Farrell and John C. Reilly. It was an okay movie--entertaining enough. I much preferred the recent super-hero movies, such as The Hulk, the newest Batman, and of course Iron Man! Hey, call me a girl-geek if you must!


2. What Book Are You Reading?

I just finished Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Nice story, easy read, and pleasant, though I was a bit undwhelmed by the ending.


3. Favorite Board Game?

We haven't been playing too many board games lately. Carcassone is one that I would think to reach for first, though Mr.W got a fun new game for his birthday called Zombies that I'm looking forward to playing. (More evidence of my girl-geekishness here.) Yahtzee, though it's not a board game but a dice game (heck, none of these are really board games--the previous two are actually tile games), is an all-time favorite and one that Mr.W and I played often while we were dating. Oh, wait, that was like 10 years ago...


4. Favorite Magazine?

There are so many magazines I enjoy I could not pick just one. Real Simple is nice, though I'm beginning to think it's really all just a list of "buy these products." Better Homes & Gardens is good, and I have a subscription, but often put it aside and don't read it--however, I do tend to purchase (or at least read at the store... *blush*) BHG special interest publications--the one I bought last is their 2008 Grilling issue, which has a bunch of really good recipes. I also like Cooking Light, Food & Wine, Gourmet, and a host of others. And while Cooks Illustrated has been a favorite, this recent matter has caused me to think twice about buying or reading it in the future.


5. Favorite Smells?

Again--I find so many smells appealing that I can't choose only one.

Citrus scents, spicy/pumkiny smells are wonderful in the cold months; I love the aroma of coconut, and cucumbers; vanilla, roasting chicken, my grandmother's beef roast recipe, BACON, garlic & onions sauteeing... the list goes on and on!


6. Favorite Sounds?

So, so many... I suppose the sounds I love the most bring up a sweet memory. Ocean waves make me think of the many walks I took around Key West when living there; children at play remind me of a sunny afternoon playing ball with the neighbor kids and my uncle, who played with us and made it that much more fun; that certain song on the radio from the early 90s that remind me of a particular boyfriend...


7. Worst Feeling In The World?

Rejection.


8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake?

How will I get that cat to stop bothering me?


9. Favorite Fast Food Place?

Mmm... McDonald's...


10. Future Child's Name?

At one time I thought I had this all figured out. However, after dealing with infertility I find it's best not to dwell on such things.


11. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money, I’d…

Feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and clothe the naked. Oh, and international adoption, definitely.


12. Do You Drive Fast?

No. After commuting in Atlanta for five years I like to take it slow nowadays.


13. Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal?

I sleep with live animals.


14. Storms—Cool or Scary?

Cool.


15. What Was Your First Car?

A 1970s-era Plymouth Horizon Hatchback, light blue. *sigh* I loved that car--particularly the direct-air vent that allowed you to have the heat on while still getting some fresh outdoor air without having the windows open.


16. Favourite Drink?

Hot--masala chai, definitely; Cold--I'm loving crystal light peach tea right now, and of course diet coke is a favorite.


17. Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…

I actually have lots of time, so I can't really answer this one.


18. Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli?

Yes.


19. If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Colour, What Would It Be?

I already color my hair... if I didn't, it would be grey.


20. Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived.

My city of birth
North Syracuse, NY
Songtan City, South Korea
Key West, FL
Hiram, GA
My city of birth


21. Favorite Sport to Watch?

I do enjoy a live hockey game (ice).


22. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You

Sam is a clever blogger and always has interesting posts.


23. What’s Under Your Bed?

Dust bunnies, an errant sock, and Thundercat.


24. Would You Like to Be Born As Yourself Again?

I'm already born again!


25. Morning Person or Night Owl?

Well, I used to be a morning person. Since insomnia set in, it's difficult to say--I tend to stay up late so that I'll sleep through the night as much as possible. That said, I'm usually up by 6am.


26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up?

Over medium. I like the whites cooked.


27. Favorite Place to Relax?

In bed?


28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavour?

Coconut is a current favorite.


29. Of All the People You Have Tagged, Who Is the Most Likely to Respond First?

Well, I'm not going to tag anyone, so I guess this is a moo point. You know, like a cow's opinion.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Thanks for filling it in!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs