Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dinner and A Chick Flick in Bed

Every other Sunday Mr.W and his cronies get together for some manly bonding. And sometimes the wives get together for some girl time--shopping, a movie, dinner, or any manner of feminine pursuits. But there are times when I'm on my own. Sunday was one of those days.

Days like this are perfect for hanging out in bed with the dogs and Thundercat, a good meal (not shared with the pets), the air conditioner running, and a great movie. Sunday's meal was a fantastic ham and swiss sandwich dressed with mayonnaise, mustard, oil and vinegar along with a perfect pear, a jug of Diet Coke and a couple of sugar free coconut candies.




And Love in the Time of Cholera. What a fantastic movie. Truly, it's one of those memorable movies you just have to see for yourself. Lovely--absolutely lovely. (Warning: there is quite a bit of nudity and... ahem... adult scenes.)

Now I want to read the book.

What do you like to do when you stay at home without any company?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I read the book and thought it was ridiculously slow. I wondered how the movie was... Maybe I'll have to rent it.
I had Sunday night to myself too! I laid on the couch, watched "girl" tv and did my nails.

Amanda said...

I think the movie was a bit on the slow side, but all the scenes painted a clear picture. If you do see the movie, I'd love to hear how it matches up to the book. Sometimes they take such liberties with a book you can hardly recognize it on film.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs