Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Meal Recap

By dinnertime yesterday the rain came to drown our hopes of grilling. It never fails--I just can't get it together for Memorial Day.

I pan-fried some hamburgers for Mr.W (sorry, the burger photo came out very poorly with the terrible rainy-day light) and a couple of chuck-eye steaks for me, and we gobbled them happily alongside a salad of baby spinach, assorted sprouts, tomato, hard boiled egg, pepperoni slices and a dusting of shredded colby jack cheese. I ate my salad with a creamy feta dressing--one of my favorites! Mr.W enjoyed his with just a squeeze of orange with salt and pepper.



A fine finish to a good day, in spite of the rain.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ooh, I'm so glad I stopped by just now. I was sitting here trying to think of what to munch on and nothing really appealed. As soon as I read your post and saw "pepperoni slices" it hit me - I've got salami in the fridge! Yay!

Thanks Mrs. W. You just saved snacktime.

Amanda said...

You're very welcome, Robin. Glad to help!

(It's really all about the cured meats, isn't it?)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs