Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tag--You're It!

Sylvie from SoulFusion Kitchen tagged me for a meme. Here are the rules:


Rules:


1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.


So, without further ado, I present...

Five Foodie Facts About Me

  • I taught myself how to cook, and began as a young child. At about age 7, I received The Mickey Mouse Cookbook as a gift, and from that I started making pancakes and some delicious little peanut butter candies independently.

  • At about age 14, I became responsible for nightly meals in our home. The Officer's Wife's Cookbook helped me learn how NOT to cook; and The Fanny Farmer Cookbook, which was a much better resource for procedures and time-tested classic recipes while I was living at home.

  • After leaving home and travelling into the great, big world, I learned from other men and women I met, enjoyed regional foods in the various places I lived and visited, inspiring many new dishes from my own kitchen.

  • I don't use many cookbooks anymore; at this point in my culinary life, I research the dishes I want to try on the internet, compile a few of the best-looking among them, and pick the parts of the recipes that I like and create something that I think will taste the best. I also love trying recipes from the many talented cooks who share their wealth of knowledge on their blogs.

  • I have too many favorites to pick only a few, but some of my favorites include Ethiopian Doro Wat with Injera, Vietnamese Pho, the many and varied hispanic and caribbean flavors, the popular Korean Bulgoki and Kalbi, and delightful Peri Peri from South Africa.

I'm afraid I'm not much of a tagger, so if you're interested in doing this one, please do.

2 comments:

sylvie1950 said...

Thank you for participating in the Tag meme. I did enjoy your post. Anything you want to know about BBQ I can try to help. If not, I know where to go. I have some great team members and other BBQer friends/teams with a weath of information.

Anonymous said...

I love the Disney cookbook...so cute!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs