Friday, January 11, 2008

Only Five?

Clotilde at Chocolate and Zucchini asked a thought-provoking question in today's post that I've been pondering since this afternoon:

Besides the stove, refrigerator, counter and sink, if you were limited to only five additional kitchen tools, what would they be?

That's a tough one! I think my five would be:

  1. a large skillet
  2. a copper-bottom two-quart lidded saucepan (I've always wanted one of those)
  3. my kitchenaid (not only will this perform the obvious functions, but I could use the stainless bowl over #2 as a double-boiler--sneaky, eh?
  4. my favorite wooden spoon
  5. a mini chef's knife, that can be used for paring or cutting up potatoes and vegetables

What would your five be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cast-iron skillet, a good knife, a stockpot, a large oven-proof mixing bowl and a spatula. wOW, that IS tough!

Amanda said...

That's a great list, Ann!

Can you imagine just having those few kitchen things, though? Years ago when I lived a meager existence overseas I had more kitchen gadgets than that. Not many more, but more nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

A bottle opener, can opener, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster oven. Is it obvious that I am not a cook?

Amanda said...

Hey, Lulu. I don't think it's obvious at all. Everyone has their own kitchen requirements! And when you have rugrats around the house, well... gotta have coffee.

I should have thought of a can opener. What would I do without my canned tomatoes?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs