Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pumpkin Milkshake Heaven

Last night was man movie night. It happens every once in a while--when a good man movie is out in theaters. Mr.W, along with my brother and another of their manly-man friends, went to see Beowulf.

So it was just me, the dogs and Thundercat, and the Food Network. You know THAT particular channel always gets my creative juices flowing.

I stil have a ton of hubbard squash puree just calling to me, "You can do it... experiment with me!" If you know anything about hubbard squash, it is that you can use it as a substitute for pumpkin.

And that led me to notice the tub of sugar-free vanilla ice cream in the freezer, right beside the squash. Eureka! A delicious pumpkin pie shake was born.


Pumpkin Pie Shake
serves 1

2 scoops vanilla ice cream (I used sugar free)
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
2 ounces half n half, milk or skim milk (I used sugar free hazelnut flavored liquid creamer)
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
dollop whipped cream (optional; can use sugar-free fat-free alternative)
freshly grated nutmeg

Combine ice cream, pumpkin puree, half n half and spices in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a serving glass and top with a dollop of whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg. Enjoy.


Wonderful, creamy, and packed with pumpkin pie flavors, this milkshake is just right for the holiday season. What a treat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that I can continue to read your blog if you keep posting tempting recipes such as this. ;-)

Amanda said...

This is a food blog, after all!

Besides, you can skinny up this shake with fat free (and for me, sugar free) ice cream, and fat free creamer or even soy milk.

I actually think this is a healthy drink... it certainly kept me away from the no-no desserts!

Lulu said...

Well, it sounds pretty darn delish!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs