Monday, November 26, 2007

The Great International City Swap: Package Received!

My package arrived--and what a treat!


Lulu is awesome! This package is straight from my former home of Atlanta, GA, full of local flavor and items that brought back some great memories. Inside was:

  • A 2008 Coca-Cola Calendar - The World of Coca-Cola was one of my most favorite places in Atlanta. Anytime someone would visit us we would take them to the Coca-Cola museum. I know MY favorite part was the tasting room, where you can taste sodas produced by Coke all over the world, many that are not offered here in the United States.
  • A Gone with the Wind Movie Poster Jigsaw Puzzle - Gone With the Wind author Margaret Mitchell was born in Atlanta, and her birthplace is an historic home in Atlanta.
  • My South: A People, A Place, A World of Its Own by Robert St. John - this book is a series of quotes from various southerners through the years... and this is the one that really did it for me. As I leafed through the pages, the quotations really packed a big emotional wallop, calling to mind some of my favorite things about living in Atlanta, like azaleas, magnolia trees and daylillies, the lullaby of treefrogs in the trees behind my house, and that slow, southern slang that greets you with a sweet melody everywhere you go--from the office to the market to your neighbor's front porch swing.

Thanks, girl.

And thanks to At Home in Rome for coordinating this event.

Now if only I'd hear from Ms. Kitten that my package made it safely to her...

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you liked the swag. I was so tempted to keep it all for myself...especially the puzzle!

This has been so much fun! I'll link to you on Thursday when I talk about my wonderful gifts!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to bust the puzzle out of the box... probably tomorrow night, after I'm cleaned up from my Tuesday ladies' lunch and don't have to worry about having a clean dining room table!

I look forward to reading about your package.

Does AHIR usually do a roundup for this? I didn't participate last year.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure. This is my first year, too, and I only stumbled across the link through a BlogHer ad.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs