Thursday, November 8, 2007

Easy Weeknight Steak and Broccoli with Blue Cheese Butter


With Mr.W out of town, I find myself eating here and there, at odd times, and certainly strange combinations of things--tomato pie and grapes, a pear and a hunk of leftover chicken... you get the idea. When I'm not preparing a meal for my husband, it's easy just to grab something handy and not worry about nutrition or presentation.

So today I decided I would have a decent dinner. I defrosted a steak and dusted off my George Foreman grill for some action!

The steak marinated for about 15 minutes in a little balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. While the broccoli steamed on the stove, I slapped the steak into li'l George and got to work on the blue cheese butter.


Blue Cheese Butter

2 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature

2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese

Mash together with a fork until thoroughly combined.


Even the simplest of meals can be delicious. This blue cheese butter made all the difference, adding salty creaminess to both the steak and broccoli as it melted. What a treat!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs