Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Dinner Experiment

It's been one of those days. Well, actually, it's been one of those months. It's not that I haven't cooked at all--it's just that I've been incredibly disorganized. You know how it can be.

So tonight I needed to make something for poor, hungry Mr. W--if only to keep him away from Arby's yet again. So I'm experimenting.

I took three giant boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels, and rolled them in parmesan-italian seasoned breadcrumbs (homemade, of course, right from the freezer). I placed them in an olive-oiled 13x9x2-inch pan, and topped them with a giant freezer-bag of partially-thawed frozen spinach (this was fresh spinach that I'd cleaned & frozen for just such an occasion). I seasoned the top of the spinach with a generous pinch of kosher salt, a few scrapes of nutmeg, pepper and a few chile pepper flakes. I beat 2 eggs with a fork and drizzled all over the top, then finished with the remaining parmesan breadcrumbs, and baked at 350*F for an hour.


Not bad. Not bad at all.

So while I wouldn't call this a recipe, exactly, it is one of those meals you can throw together in a pinch. I could see adding some chopped onions that you've sauteed on the stove until just starting to carmelize--yum. That would be a perfect addition. And some chopped canned artichoke hearts. That would be lovely, indeed.

Until next time,
Mrs.W

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs