Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meme: Six More Random Things About Me

My blogging-buddy, Sam, tagged me for a meme so, without further ado, here are six personal tidbits previously unstated (I think) here at Mrs.W's Kitchen:

- I am a crafter. I knit scarves and hats and various other small wearables. I occasionally sew. I've been known to cross-stitch, bead and make all sorts of other bits & baubles. I make holiday wreaths. The best part of my week is doing some kind of craft with my Sunday School class. I'm now playing with felting--just today I purposely shrank a thrift-store wool sweater that I plan to make, well, something with.

- Somehow Mr.W and I have made it to almost ten years of marriage without owning a dresser. Okay, that's a little bit of a lie. I do have a small youth-sized chest of drawers that I rescued from the curb; it's currently in my garage, waiting to be sanded and painted for use. However, that will be put to use in my kitchen, not to hold clothes.

- Which brings me to my next random thing: I'm a trash-picker. But only if an item appears to be usable/refinishable. This is a fact that I generally don't let out--but I trust y'all.

- I love, love, love shopping at the Salvation Army store. Maybe I've mentioned that here, I don't know. I'm like a kid in a candy store there--dishes, strange bits of furniture, clothes--you name it. I love to pick up the odd dish, or serving piece.

- This year I'm disappointing my family and NOT doing Thanksgiving at my house. I feel a little guilty about it. Well, maybe a lot guilty.

- I'm rather upset that Mr.W recently lost 35 lbs. Sure, it's great for him, he looks better, and there's no doubt it's better for his health. It's my vanity that's been affected--I'm afraid of being that fat chick married to that skinny guy. He has been banned from losing any more weight.


There were some rules for this tag:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Since I'm a ritual nonconformist, I'm going against the rules per se. If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged and please do link to me (I'll add a link to you if you let me know). Those of you doing NaBloPoMo 2008 I'm sure will enjoy adding a meme or two!

Want to learn more about me? See the other memes I've answered.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow to Mr. W -- what was his secret?

Amanda said...

He started lifting weights about 5 months ago, every day after work (M-F). We quickly noticed a change in muscle definition, but nothing else much happened--until about a month ago when WHOOSH the pounds just flew off, seemingly overnight. Now all his clothes hang on him frightfully too large! We got him a new winter coat, as that was most pressing, and one new casual outfit (his jeans were horrible)--he's gone from a 38 pants to a 33, and from an XL to a M.

Tue said...

Hunh. Why is it that always happens for men and not for women...grrrr....

Amanda said...

I know! He works out and loses 35 lbs. I stop drinking everything but water, eat no carbs and gain 25 lbs.

Then I say the heck with it and go back to caffinated diet soda, whole-grain/low glycemic index foods and gain another 25.

Ugh.

Sam said...

Thanks for playing along!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs