Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kinder Egg Surprise

For those of you not familiar with the awesomeness that is the Kinder Egg, behold:

This foil-wrapped goodie is an occasional treat here at Chez W. It's better than any old piece of candy because, well, there's a toy.

And that makes everything better.

I would be remiss to not share with you the chocolaty goodness of the candy itself. The milk-chocolate exterior has a white-chocolate lining is good quality and just plain tasty.

Inside there's a capsule containing the toy parts that require assembly. I'm always amazed by the decent quality of the toy itself all jam-packed into it's wee little housing. There are even pictoral instructions, detail stickers and warning labels--not for children under 3!

Never fear, there are no children here!

I knew you must be dying to know what my toy was, since I only mentioned my egg-shaped prize before. Its a junk to sail along the kinder-wrapper sea, bold in the face of cat-like monsters of the deep.

4 comments:

Sam said...

I haven't had one of these in years! I used to get one on my way to school. Good times!

Amanda said...

These are not available in the US unless at specialty/import markets. Most people here don't know about them at all, which is a real shame. These are great for kids (over 3, anyway)!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

These are great. Our son loves them (and so do we ;-)). We find them at a small Russian grocery store.

Amanda said...

Hi, Joy. Perhaps we should lobby the new President to get Kinder Eggs on the market in the US? Wouldn't that be a hilarious blog movement?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs