Friday, November 14, 2008

The Bird Has Landed. Repeat. The Bird Has Landed.

What a fabulous morning I've had today!

Warmer weather, busy activity, pleasant chatting with other grocery shoppers... people already seem to be in the holiday mood.

My biweekly grocery shopping spectacular usually starts early in the morning. I go through my list store-by-store for the best bargains. There's a particular circuit I follow, too, beginning at the farthest store on the edge of town, working my way back toward home. It's the dance of the housewife--efficiency, bargain-hunting, and entertainment all rolled into one.

I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. I found some unexpected bargains, and, best of all, I bought our Thanksgiving turkey.

Can you hear the applause? I can.

He's safely nestled in the freezer. The groceries are away and I've had a little lunch nosh--a quick ham sandwich, a small glass of soda and a kiwi. I wasn't even aggravated when Thundercat tore into the new cat food bag (even though her dish is full) to nibble on a few morsels of the new stuff. Incidentally, she also gave a paws-up to the new dog food I bought for Pickle.

Now on with my to-do list. I hope y'all have a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love that. The dance of the housewife. If I have the freezer space I'm thinking of picking up a turkey for the freezer, while they're on sale.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Mary. At this time of year I always regret not having a big freezer in the basement. It would be so much easier to get turkeys & hams on sale during the year if I didn't have to worry about freezer space. You must still have your pig & lamb from the summer, too!

Anonymous said...

I, too, was going to comment on how I loved the image of the 'dance of the housewife'! Sounds like you had a fantastic and productive day!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs