Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Plans

Resurrecton Sunday is one of those holidays I like to keep very simple. My brother and sister-in-law will be joining us for a mid-day meal, followed by rest and relaxation.

We've hashed out a tentative menu as follows:

  • Boneless Half Leg of Lamb
  • Small Apricot-Glazed Sliced Ham
  • Roast Turkey
  • Baked Great Northern Beans with Garlic and Bacon
  • Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
  • Macaroni and Cheese (as required by Mr.W)
  • Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole
  • Tossed Salad

I'll also be making a sugar-free cheesecake (probably this one), and my sister-in-law will likely bring some sort of sugar-full dessert, to be determined.

At times like this, I constantly re-think the menu. As I'm bombarded by fabulous ideas and recipes from other blogs, epicurious.com and foodnetwork.com, I can't help but think, "Oh, that would be great at our table this year!" However, I think our menu is pretty good and will satisfy all those food-cravings, dietary restrictions and holiday dish expections of our small group.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good meal plan. A lot of food for four people, no doubt!

What are your meal plans for this Easter? I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..that looks like a great menu...
have you redecorated your blog? It looks different to me!

Amanda said...

Thanks, Marye. I think we'll have a tasty meal tomorrow.

I'm frequently tweaking things here and there... I recently took down one of the ads that wasn't doing much after a month, so that's probably what looks different.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs