- Peel ginger with a spoon to keep waste to a minimum.
- Ginger can be kept in the freezer for extended life; just shred from frozen and add to your recipe.
- Extra peeled, sliced ginger can be kept in your bottle of rice wine vinegar for use in savory recipes.
- If you often use ginger in asian cooking, you can also save sliced peeled ginger in your bottle of soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
- Prone to motion sickness? Add a sliver to your soda or tea for a refreshing drink that calms a troubled tummy. Or have a ginger snap, piece of candied ginger, or drink some good quality ginger ale or ginger beer.
- Clean your garbage disposal blades by running a few ice cubes in your disposal along with running water.
Friday, February 22, 2008