Thursday, February 7, 2008

Out, I tell you!

I think I've got spring fever. Only it's not spring yet. Maybe this is called the winter blahs.

Perhaps just having a bit of a thaw, seeing the ground peeking out from under that snow, experiencing some temperatures above 32*F and emerging from the long blanket of winter, if even for a few days, has thrust me into this... this... almost uncontrollable urge to get outside.

I don't want to be in the house. I want to go out. Out, I tell you!

And it doesn't matter to do what. My friend, M, called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to the grocery store with her. I jumped at the chance, even though I need no groceries. Because I wanted to be out. Then Mr.W came home from work and said he needed to go to Walmart, and would I like to go with. Heck, yeah! I had my coat on in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

Even today I feel like a rat trapped in a cage. But it's snowing again and I didn't keep the vehicle, so trapped I am.

I guess I'll go cook something.

I am SO ready for winter to be over.


(Stay tuned... I have a lovely new soup recipe to share a bit later today!)

2 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Oh how I sympathize! I have been hit hard with the winter blahs, too. I'm spending long periods of time going over my garden photos and garden and flower websites... *sigh* It will be great to see sunshine and flowers sometime.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Mrs.M. This new snow has made it seem even worse. I'm really hating the weather right now.

That said, as a friend reminded me yesterday, we know that spring will come... eventually. And it did occur to me that if I'm going to start some vegetable seeds I ought to do it soon so they're ready to plant after the last frost.

So I suppose that's something, isn't it?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs