Thursday, December 13, 2007

Jumblefudge


So I've been busy in the kitchen today. Anything to keep me inside. Yes, you guessed it. It's snowing!

A good dump of snow can be a good thing. It drives you outside in the cold, all bundled up, for some exercise (shovelling), and you end up chatting with neighbors outside as they're shovelling their own areas. Like a block party. Sort of. I had a lovely afternoon outside clearing out the driveway so that Mr.W could get in--and he was delightfully surprised to find that I'd done the majority of it by the time he arrived home.

Back to jumblefudge. It's a recipe that I invented to use up leftover marshmallows and dried fruit in the cupboard--little did I know that people would ooh and aah over it with eyes rolling back as they lick their fingers.

This particular batch has a designated purpose, so we only get to nibble on the corner pieces! (Yes. I was bad.)


Jumblefudge
makes 2 dozen small squares

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate melts of your preference
1 cup mixed dried fruit (I used half craisins, half raisins)
1 cup miniature marshmallows

In the top of a double boiler (or in a stainless bowl set over a pot of simmering water), melt together sweetened condensed milk and chocolate until smooth. Remove from water and heat and stir in dried fruit first, then marshmallows. Keep in mind the marshmallows will start to melt, so if you want chunky marshmallows, work quickly. Spread into a buttered 8" square pan and cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.


This is perfect for gift-giving or just nibbling at home, and is very cutomizable--you could add nuts, or crushed mint candies, candy-canes, or anything your little heart desires.

2 comments:

Scribbit said...

I THOUGHT I saw marshmallows in there--yum!

And I'm sending your gluten-free sandies recipe to my sister, she'll be thrilled.

Amanda said...

You might want to warn your sister on those GF sandies--they do crumble so! If she can have sugar, maybe regular sugar will help them. I also thought maybe dunking the bottoms in melted chocolate would be an improvement...?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs