- Curried Pumpkin Samosas (for pre-meal nibbles)
- Soup (provided by my sister-in-law... she hasn't yet decided exactly what she'll make so it'll be a surprise)
- Apricot-Glazed Spiral Ham
- Sweet Potato Casserole (for the sugar-eaters)
- Mashed Butternut Squash (for the non-sugar-eaters, I'll be flavoring this with cinnamon, diabetic maple syrup and a little Grand Marnier)
- Ambrosia Salad
- Quinoa and Broccoli
- Potato Dinner Rolls and Butter
- Leche Flan
- Drunken Fruited Cake
- Sugar-Free Meringues
- Beverages: Red Wine, Mead, Apple Cider, Bottled Water, Coffee and Hot Tea
I've asked the family to arrive around 3pm, with the meal (buffet-style) planned for four o'clock. Although we always say grace before our meals, I think I'll ask my brother to read Luke 2: 1-20 so that we're certain to keep in mind the real reason for this celebration.
Then we can dig into the gifts.
I did quite a bit of gift-wrapping today. My signature style is a gift with pretty ribbons, piks and/or pinecones adorning plain brown paper wrapping. I've wrapped Christmas packages this way for years now and it says Christmas to me.
I hope your Christmas plans are well underway!