Thursday, November 15, 2007

Redeeming Myself

I couldn't let go.

My recent post about the failed roasted spiced pumpkin just stayed in my brain. What could make it better? So I tried again.

Well... sorta. I used a sweet potato, and I didn't measure. Here's what I did:

- Peeled and cubed a sweet potato. (Y'all might call it a yam--one of those orange-flesh tubers. But they really are sweet potatoes--yams are actually a huge South American tuber.)

- Tossed it with olive oil, salt, chili powder, cayenne and a generous scraping of nutmeg.

- Drizzled with about 1 teaspoon agave nectar for some sweetness.

- Roasted at 350*F for 40 minutes until fork-tender.

Delicious--gently spicy and lightly sweet. It was so good that I've decided to add this to my Thanksgiving table this year. Perfect for my own dietary requirements, as well as those of my family and friends who will join us next week.

On another note, the new cat is showing more of her personality. "The Streak" is another name possibility, as well as "Loudmouth."

What have I done?

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs