Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pickled Cherry Peppers

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
--Mother Goose


Why they're in my kitchen, of course! Well... maybe not a peck. More like a half-pound.

This is a sweet-hot mix I found at the farmer's stand on sale this week; I bought them with the idea I would pickle them.

That sounds difficult, doesn't it? Not here, it isn't. I don't do anything difficult--I just cut 'em up and pour white distilled vinegar over, seal it up and pop it in the fridge. There's nothing simpler. And what I love most about these pickled peppers is that their heat goes into the vinegar, making it a yummy condiment anytime.

I use these pickled cherry peppers in vegetable stir-frys, chicken riggies (a local area favorite of chicken in a spiced-up vodka cream sauce over rigatoni) and numerous other italian pasta dishes. As long as they're in vinegar, they'll keep for months.


Happy pickling,
Mrs.W

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs